5 Things You Need to Know About Visiting a Hammam Spa
City living can take its toll on our minds and bodies, what better way to escape the stress and dramas of everyday life with a relaxing trip to a Hammam! But what is a Hammam Spa? A Hammam is a middle eastern variation of a public steam bath, the different treatments can help you leave the spa relaxed, rejuvenated and ready to face the day with a healthy glow!
If you want to relax, revive and re-energize without the worry of paying too much then take a visit to Casa Spa. The London based spa offers all the same products and treatments as any other established spa but at a very affordable and reasonable price. Today, they are sharing 5 things you need to know about visiting a hammam spa.
- Natural ingredients – from the traditional black olive soap aka Savon Noir for cleansing your skin to the Ghassoul clay mud masks straight from the Atlas Mountains, Hammams only use natural ingredients in their treatments.
- Rich in history – Hammams have a very long and rich history, originating in ancient Rome. They were then used in Turkey and North Africa in places like Morocco. During Victorian times Hammams became very popular across western Europe. With treatments like the Ghassoul Clay Mud Mask still being used today.
- Good for the mind and body – a trip to a Hammam can help you to relax and rejuvenate from the stress of everyday life. It’s also an excellent way to start the day feeling fresh. Not only that, it’s great for your skin care and for any aches and pains.
- Social – swap the bar for the spa, coming to a Hammam is an excellent way to socialise with your friends in a calm relaxed environment. Many Hammams have a relaxation room where you can have tea and chill out with your friends after your treatments. A trip to the spa is much healthier and cheaper than a few rounds at the bar.
- Treatments – many Hammam spas offer a range of other treatments as well as the traditional bath, these include traditional facials, hair treatments and massages to help you look and feel your best from the top of your head to the tip of your toes.
- Better Sleep – Thanks to the exotic steam ritual in the Hammam spa, improved sleep is another added benefit. The steam working your body up and helping you release your toxins will add in relieving anxiety and help in getting a peaceful night’s sleep.
ABOUT CASA SPA
Spas in London can be very off-putting because of their incredibly high prices. Casa Spa has been established for a number of years and is still family run. It offers all the same treatments and products you might find in any other reputable spa but for a fraction of the price. It’s a place in which celebrities have attended and residents of Marylebone and St John’s Wood love.
This unique spa offers a range of specialized services to help you feel rejuvenated including a Moroccan Hammam, the middle eastern version of a steam bath which includes a black soap scrub, mud masks and a range of other complementary treatments.
There are several other traditional packages to choose from to help you escape from the struggles of London living, they include individual and group packages as well as couples’ packages so you can de-stress with that special someone. Make sure to call the spa directly to find out about the best seasonal deals and packages.